Bobby’s Alder Smoked Salmon w/ Lemon Caper Sauce
Bobby's Alder Smoked Salmon w/ Lemon Caper Sauce
Author: Bobby Cherry
- Soak Alderwood chips about 20 min.
- Place in smoker box in grill.
- If skin on Salmon:
- Spray skin side with Pam or olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spray meat side with Pam or olive oil and pepper only.
- If fillet is skinned:
- Spray both sides with Pam or olive oil and pepper
- Place filet on sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil
- Smoke until fillet is fork flaky, usually around 30 â€“ 45 min. if temperature is 375 to 425.
- Lemon Caper Sauce:
- (two servings)
- 1 lemon
- 1 t lemon zest
- olive oil
- black pepper
- 3T green capers
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Juice the lemon add zest
- Add an amount of olive oil equivalent to the volume of lemon juice.
- Crush about 1 teaspoon of the capers on cutting board using a fork and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt (salt is an abrasive that causes the capers to form a paste) add to lemon & oil mix.
- Blend mixture to emulsify.
- Add remaining capers
- Serve over hot smoked salmon.