Mike P’s Smoked Fish Recipe
Mike P's Smoked Fish Recipe
Author: Mike Peralta Fairfield, CA
- Marinate salmon fillet or parts for two hours in the following:
- One half gallon of Kikomans terriaki sauce,
- six ounces of Grandma's molasses, twenty four ounces of brown sugar,
- half cup of hot water (to help reduce molasses.)
- Mix until you don't hear or feel grinding of sugar on bowl surface.
- While salmon is marinating keep in fridge.
- In your fire box arrange small amount of coals or wood. (approx. 8 to 12 coals).
- Let coals get white or red hot then soak Alder chips in water for approx. 10 min.
- Arrange salmon on grates, close lid, start feeding hot bed of coals with soaked wood chips.
- My fire box is approx. 15 inches from grates.
- For moist smoked salmon let smoke one hour on one side, half hour for other side.
- You can increase smoke time for a drier taste.
- Let cool before vaccuum sealing. Enjoy! P.S. I use the same method for smoking albacore tuna.