Zesty Ol’ Faithful Smoker Recipe
Zesty Ol' Faithful Smoker Recipe
Author: Paul Schroeter Portland, OR
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 3 cloves of garlic (sliced thin)
- 1cup soy sauce
- ½ cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup non- iodized salt
- 2 cups water in a large bowl.
- For about a 20lb to 25lb salmon or to taste.
- I like a strong smoked taste so I use about 1½ cups of water for a 20lb fish
- and then I use 3 pans of alder in my electric smoker; because I like the taste of alder for my fish.
- But you could use more alder or less. Its up to your taste buds.
- If you like a zesty hot flavor add some hot sauce of your choice.
- But once again it's up to your taste.
- But, I feel for smoking fish, alder Is the best wood flavor you can use.. 🙂
- This is a fast and easy way to smoke and it is very good.
- Dissolve ingredients together in the large bowl, load in salmon or fish and cover.
- Refrigerate 3 to 5 hours.
- Rinse in cold water- (pat dry) and sprinkle lightly with course black pepper.
- Smoke in smoker for about 8 to 12 hours.
- My kids don't like to eat fish but they love this...
- and I think yours will too.
- Take care and happy fishing.