Author: Robert Richman, CA
Recipe type: Appetizer
- Ingredients -- sushi rice - short grain
- - Japanese Nori (seaweed)
- - 1 cup smoked salmon
- - 8 oz. cream cheese
- - ½ cup thinly sliced avocados
- - ½ cup thinly sliced cucumber
- - ½ cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- - special sushi sauce made from mayonnaise, rice vinegar, brown sugar, mustard (with horseradish), soy sauce.
- -Preparation- Steam sushi rice and then put into wooden bowl -
- put ½ cup rice vinegar and ½ cup sugar and dash of salt into saucepan.
- When sugar is dissolved cool the vinegar mix. Pour over the rice and then let cool for a few minutes.
- Stir with a spatula.Take out cutting board and sharp non-stainless steel knife.
- Spread Nori on cutting board - then spread rice over the Nori (about ⅛ - ¼ inch thick),
- leaving 1 inch at the top.Put some warm water, vinegar and salt in small bowl.
- On the rice, spread some special sushi sauce, cream cheese, avocados, cucumbers and red cabbage. The smoked salmon may be mixed in food processor beforehand with the cream cheese.
- Put the smoke salmon on the other ingredients.
- Wet fingertips in bowl of warm salted water, and moisten top of Nori.
- Roll up with hands...no need for bamboo roller.
- Slice into ¾ inch portions and place on Japanese sushi tray. Garnished with pickled ginger.
- Make dipping sauce from Wasabi and soy sauce..with touch of rice vinegar..enjoy.
- May store in tupperware.