Arnie’s “KISS” Smoked Salmon
Arnie's "KISS" Smoked Salmon
Author: Arnie Wallace Park City, UT
- 1 Salmon Filet
- 1 Water Smoker (reg or electric) (also can be made without liquid)
- 2-3 cups Alder Chips from 'justsmokedsalmon.com' soaked at least for 1 hour
- Alder Fish Seasoning
- Prepare smoker using drained, soaked Alder Chips, by spreading chips over hot elements or over coals.
- Use either beer, plain water or try adding bourbon to the water. It's fun to experiment.
- Smear honey over filet and sprinkle generously with your favorite Salmon Seasoning.
- Spray grill top with Pam or any like product.
- Lay filet on grill, cover and smoke for 42 minutes. Filet should be fork-tender and ready to serve.
- Place on large platter with crackers, chopped red onions, capers and sour cream.
- Stand back while participants devour!!!