Big John’s Planked Salmon with Feta Cheese Crust Recipe
Big John's Planked Salmon with Feta Cheese Crust Recipe
Author: John Dendy Arlington TX
- Topping: feta cheese, olive oil, lemon pepper, dill weed (fresh if possible),
- garlic (finely chopped, or powder).
- Mix thoroughly, to the consistency of a lumpy paste.
- Spread about ¼" thick on the flesh side of the salmon fillet.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- About the time you begin preheating the grill,
- remove fish from refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Place skin-side down on soaked, already-smoking alder plank,
- and cook as slowly as possible, lid down as much as possible.
- When the feta cheese is browned a little on top,
- the salmon should be nicely cooked, still a little translucent in the center.
- AND the feta? its original strong smell will have been replaced
- with a flavorful smoky sweetness.