Mick’s Charred Planked Salmon Recipe
Mick's Charred Planked Salmon Recipe
Author: Mick Sager Grays Harbor, WA
This recipe uniquely uses a charred plank, make it the last use for your plank.
- One Justsmokedsalmon.com Alder grilling plank
- One 3 lb King salmon fillet
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice & vinegar to taste
- Prepare your coals for grilling as you normally would in a charcoal or gas grill. Lightly
- oil one side of the Plank with oil and place it, oiled side down, on the hot coals. Char
- the wood well, and then remove and flip it over. Brush the charred side again with olive
- oil and a little lemon juice or vinegar. Now lay your fillet skin side down on the plank,
- and close the hood, or use a tin foil tent. Cook the fish about 10 minutes per inch
- thickness. Brush the fish well with oil with a sprinkling of parsley about two minutes
- before it's done. The skin will stick to the board and fish will loosen easily with a
- spatula. Prepare for the most flavorful planked salmon you have ever had.