Mini Smoked Salmon lox Stuffed Pita’s with Cucumber Sauce
Mini Smoked Salmon lox Stuffed Pita's with Cucumber Sauce
Author: Melinda Winner, Gulfport, MS
- 1 16 oz package of Alder Smoked Salmon Lox
- 1 bag of mini pita's apx. 30 per bag
- About 10 small Cherry tomatoes sliced thin
- 30 pimentos
- 2 lemons for garnish sliced and twisted
- Parsley for garnish
- fancy picks with fish on top for garnish (you can use whatever you like)
- Cucumber Sauce
- 1 Large Cucumber (seedless) Peeled and graded.
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- ⅛ tsp Dill
- ⅛ tsp Garlic
- First Peel cucumber cut in half and then open up. With a spoon scrap out the little seeds. Then in a food processor put ½ of the cucumber and make into a juicy paste. Pour that into a medium bowl. Then rough chop the other half leaving small pieces add that to your bowl Next mix into your cucumber mixture, sour cream, Lemon juice, kosher salt pepper, dill and garlic. Stir by hand to mix. Put into refrigerator. Let chill at least 1 hour the longer the better. ,
- First prepare Cucumber sauce and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. The sauce is best if you make it a few hours ahead or even the day before..
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Wet a large dish towel and ring out well. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the mini pita's on sheet and cover with towel. place in the oven for about 10 minutes just to soften and warm pita's.In the mean time take your Salmon and slice into strips about 1 inch each, then in half. fold each strip like an accordion three fold only . (This product comes thinly sliced But not in 1 inch slices).Next Slice your tomatoes thinly. It is now time to put together. Remove pita's from oven. First put a thin layer of sauce on pita's, then a thin slice of cherry tomato, folded salmon, with a pastry bag and a star tip put a dollop size star of cucumber sauce then insert fancy pick with nice top right into the middle. This holds it together and makes it look so nice and move on to the next one. I serve this on a huge fish platter with a little green parsley and lemon slices twisted.It is just so good and refreshing.