Nancy’s Simple Brine Soak recipe
Nancy's Simple Brine Soak recipe
Author: Cindy Lou Kochanek Port Angeles, WA
- ou need a tub that will hold fish and 2 qts. water and a container that will
- hold 2 qts. water and ingredients.
- ( A typical kool-aid pitcher works great)
- 1 cup non-iodized rock salt
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 qts. warm waterPour the rock salt and sugar into the pitcher.
- Fill the pitcher with warm water. Stir for a second or two.
- The rock salt will not dissolve all the way.
- Place cut up fish in the tub and pour the mixture over the cut up fish.
- Soak fish for 3-5 hours depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Remove the fish from the brine and place in smoker.