Recipe for Jeff’s Mango Planked Mahi
Recipe for Jeff's Mango Planked Mahi
Author: Jeff from Northhampton, MA
- 2-3 lb piece of fresh mahi - cut into 2-3 filets
- 1 justsmokedsalmon Cedar Plank
- 1 mango cut into pieces with skin
- white wine
- olive oil
- Mango chutney* see below
- Soak justsmokedsalmon cedar plank for 3-4 hours in water and white wine
- (2:1) so the plank is submerged.
- Marinate mahi in 2 cups wine; ½ cup olive oil, juice of one lemon, dash
- of dill, salt & pepper for 20 min.
- On super hot grill, place the soaked plank for 2-3 min to blacken. With
- tongs, flip plank over and cover. When plank starts to crackle, place Mahi
- filets, skin down on the hot wood. Garnish wood with mangos and sliced lemon
- wedges. Cover and cook for 20-35 min depending on heat. (Do not open
- often or grill loses heat and smoke!)
- Serve on platter with Jeff's Mango Chutney* on the side.
- *Jeff's Mango Chutney
- mango, diced (withOUT skin or seed)
- /2 green pepper, diced
- /2 sweet red pepper, diced
- /2 onion, diced (substitute ¼ cup of green onions)
- clove garlic, chopped
- T. olive oil
- T. balsamic vinegar
- t. sugar or honey
- Mix all ingredients in bowl. Keep chilled until ready to serve.