Author: Adam M. Goldsmith Rochester, NY
- 10 ounces of fresh hand chopped raw salmon
- 8 oz thin sliced Cold Alder Smoked Salmon Lox
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ teaspoon rough chopped capers
- ⅓ teaspoon finely chopped red onion
- ⅓ teaspoon chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Worstershire sauce
- tabasco pepper sauce, salt, pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except the sliced, smoked salmon.
- Layout smoked salmon slices onto a sheet of saran wrap. top with another sheet and with the side of a large knife or a rolling pin gently flatten salmon slices, remove top sheet of saran. top with a large spoonful of salmon tartar and roll or fold up into a package. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with dollops of sour cream, salmon caviar (if desired) lemon slices and grilled Sourdough bread