T’s Cajun Maple Plank Grilled Red Snapper
T's Cajun Maple Plank Grilled Red Snapper
Author: JT Fernald, TX
- * One large soaked Maple Plank
- * Fresh Red Snapper filet (1-1.5 lbs)
- * Creole/Cajun Seasoning
- * Maple syrup
- * Ground Cayenne pepper
- * Fresh ground black pepper
- * Optional: Herb butter
- Prepping: Soak the plank overnight for best results.
- Don't forget to weight it down. Seasoning the Red Snapper: Make sure to
- rinse your filet first. Drizzle your favorite maple syrup over the
- filet, spread it around, and then start sprinkling on the Cajun
- Seasoning, some ground Cayenne pepper, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Get it nice and coated to your liking. Here's the optional part. If
- you've made homemade herb butter before, you'll know it's just
- delicious. When I grilled this up the other night, I took some of my
- herb butter and added a few small slices across the seasoned filet.
- (Please note, this turned out Amazing!).
- Grillin' time: Fire up your grill to about 350 degrees,
- set the plank on the grill for a 3-5 minutes, flip plank over with an
- oven mitt or grill tongs, (brush with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil if
- you'd like), add your Snapper filet skin side down and let it grill
- -20 minutes or longer depending on the thickness. Serve with your
- favorite side dish of veggies, pasta salad, etc. I paired this with one
- of my new favorite Cabernet Sauvignon. A 2007 Columbia Crest H3
- Cabernet Sauvignon from Columbia Valley, Washington State. Awesome!
- Enjoy and get grillin'!